Friday, August 22, 2008

Scissor Guard

I stumbled upon these videos of the Scissor Guard on Youtube. The reason it is of interest is because I am finding myself in the Scissor Guard position but didn't really have too many clues of what to do but meet my knees and elbows together and put my feet on the hips and push and roll then go to closed guard.

Scissors Guard: The Basics


Scissors Guard: Switching Sides to Gi Choke

We had learned this technique in class however the setup definitely shed some light of other ways I could use it.



Scissors Sweep

The Scissor sweep it is one of the most basic sweeps in BJJ however this variation sets up from the chest rather than the waist and hip which seems to break the posture to the side more than the traditional technique.



Scissors Sweep: Wide Base Variation



Scissors Guard: Double Sleeve to Hip Bump Sweep



So for the next few weeks I will be playing with these techniques and mixing it up.

No comments: